In an increasingly competitive world of work, soft skills or non-technical skills are a key factor in individual success. This also applies in the property management industry, where staff with strong soft skills can make a significant contribution to the company. In an interview with Mr. Feri Ariyanto, owner of the Shithara Academy online training platform, we discussed the importance of soft skills for staff in property management and the consequences that might occur if soft skills are inadequate.
The Importance of Soft Skills in Property Management
According to reports from the International Association of Administrative Professionals, OfficeTeam, and HR.com, 67% of HR managers stated that they would hire a candidate with strong soft skills even if his technical skills (hard skills) were lacking. Only 9% would hire someone with strong technical credentials but weak soft skills. This shows how important soft skills are in the property management industry.
Disadvantages of Lack of Soft Skills
In the interviews, we also discussed the consequences of a lack of soft skills for staff in property management. Rapid changes in the industrial world and the ever-evolving technology implementation demand adaptation and changes in workforce skills. If property management staff do not have sufficient soft skills, they will face several disadvantages, such as:
- Not having a clear purpose in life.
- Difficult to adapt to change.
- Lack of self-motivation.
- Always left behind compared to others.
Solutions for Developing Soft Skills
No need to worry, there are several solutions that can help staff in property management to develop their soft skills. In our interviews, we tried to find practical solutions that could be implemented, including:
- Communicate frequently offline and online to improve communication skills.
- Practice receiving input and processing it properly.
- Get used to change and be more flexible.
- Focus and hone the desired skills.
- Observing how others work or solve problems as a source of learning.
In the property management industry, soft skills play a significant role in staff success. In this interview, we have explored the importance of soft skills, the disadvantages of a lack of soft skills, and solutions for developing these non-technical skills. By improving their soft skills, property management staff will be able to deal with change and achieve success in their careers.
Thank you for reading. Need a building management software? Look no further than Nextlivin: Property tenancy management applications! and don't forget to follow Nextlivin on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, TikTok for another content.
Digital Apartment Management
- Digital Apartment Management
- The Benefits of Going Digital: Paperless is Just the Beginning
- Problem Due to Manual Property Management
- NextLivin and its Role in Helping the Management of the Apartment
- Everything You Need to Know About Apartment Building Management
- The Many Features Offered by NextLivin for Building Management Part 1
- The Many Features Offered by NextLivin for Building Management Part 2
- Top 5 Benefits of Going Digital for Apartment Management
- NextLivin - The Benefits of Modernizing with a Digital System
- 5 Ways That Building Management Can Create a Better Tenant Experience
Apartment Management Tips and Tricks
- What are the Top 5 Facilities That an Apartment Should Have?
- The Duties of an Apartment Building Manager
- Different Types of Properties Available on the Market
- Apartment Rules Everyone Should Follow
- Tips for Making the Most out of Your Apartment Event
- NextLivin - The Ultimate Guide to Planning Your Apartment Event
- A Tenant's Guide to Booking Facilities at Their Apartment
- 10 Ways to Make Your Apartment Look More Minimalist
- Planning a Successful Event for Tenant and Building Management at Apartment
- Introduce the Different Types of Apartments You Can Find in the City